Prev: Re: Far Stars Union--web site for FT Next: Re: UNSC designs

Re: [OT] AAR format

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:20:07 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] AAR format

>> Which is better looking but doesn't help my quest for a Naval
>>  report format.   No one has mailed me directly, either.  Don't
>>  we have at least one squid in the audience?

OK, I can't speak for the squidleys, but I can tell you how USMC AARs
are
typically formatted. Keep in mind that there is no "written in stone"
format. This is just how it's usually done.

Also realise that this type of AAR, designed to inform a CO of problems
and
potential solutions, may not be the most entertaining for FT.

AAR FORMAT

(I) General Overview of Operation
(II) Overview of Positive Aspects
(III) Overview of Negative Aspects
(IV) Specific Enhancement of Positive Aspects
	(A) Situation 1
	(B) Idea to Enhance Sit. 1
	(C) Situation 2, etc.
(V) Specific Correction for Negative Aspects
	(A) Situation 1
	(B) Idea to Correct Sit. 1
	(C) Situation 2, etc.
(VI) Personal Comments Not Covered Above

See? Pretty dry, but very effective for what it was designed to do: fix
problems.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Far Stars Union--web site for FT Next: Re: UNSC designs