Prev: Re: Naval Quality Poll [ Long but worth it I hope ] Next: Re: Starship Troopers

Fleet Book Reinforcements

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:19:59 -0600
Subject: Fleet Book Reinforcements

My pages of Fleet Book Reinforcements should now all be up, including
those
for the NAC.

http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/ESU.html
http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/FSE.html
http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/NAC.html
http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/NSL.html

The pages include stats and Ship System Diagrams for all of the specific
variants mentioned in the Fleet Book.  Also included are my
interpretation
of the variants and classes mentioned in the FB with stats and SSDs for
those too.

My goal in creating these Reinforcements was to make an easy to use
resource
for gamers using the Fleet Book designs but wanting a bit more
variation.
The new designs should follow the design philosophy of each of the major
powers.  Many of the ships have problems and are not optimized.  Older
ships
will have unused mass in an attempt to replicate the effect of outdated
technology.

Feel free to print off the gifs of the SSDs and drop some of these ships
into your games.  Then your opponant will not be sure if the Escort
Cruiser
you are fielding is the basic one from the FB, the obsolete one due for
mothballs, or one of the new class just built.	Comments are welcome.  I
had
Oerjan go over most of them before so most errors should have been
caught.

Also take a look at the Full Thrust page of SCN.  Agis Neugebauer sent
me a
picture of some of the new UNSC minis (a couple CLs and some Patrol
Cutters)
he had painted and put in a nice background.  Click on the thumbnail for
the
full size pic (which I just set to be my wallpaper).  Someday soon I'll
get
a Gallery page set up on SCN.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
For the latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/index.html
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Naval Quality Poll [ Long but worth it I hope ] Next: Re: Starship Troopers