Prev: Thought for Beth Next: re: test message [ot] complete

Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:42:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

>Laserlight wrote:
>
>> Since a large part of the fleet budget comes from the
Emperor's
>> personal finances, no one complains.  Except the Poor
Claires,
>> who are pacifists.  And most of the population of New LA, who
>> are flakey.	And the Radical Lesbian Collective, but they
>> complain about everything.

Alan Brain remarked:
>Sounds a lot like the Republican side in the Spanish Civil War.
>Let's see
>- Crew Quality 8/10
>- Equipment Quality 10/10
>- Organisation er... do you allow negative numbers?

Oh, the Navy is organized.  So is the Army.  Quite a few of the
local militias are organized, to some degree, one way or
another. John Atkinson did suggest the Alarishi militia
contingent in any battle could be "every figure you
own--ancients, modern, whatever--in random clumps", but  I think
that's a tad harsh, myself, I wouldn't include horse cavalry.
Not many, anyway.

Now, the politics are disorganized.

Prev: Thought for Beth Next: re: test message [ot] complete