Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality Next: Thought for Beth

RE: Smoking infantry

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:41:34 +1000
Subject: RE: Smoking infantry

Hi Kevin,

We use smoke (a LOT) and we use an Action by the squad to lay smoke. To
keep
things reasonable thoguh we generally restrict the amount of times a
single
squad can use smoke to 4 or 5 times in a game. Also try to make players
use
smoke reasonably and realistically. For example, to stop people firing
then
laying smoke just so they can't be shot BACK at! Smoke should be used to
cover a movement for to cross exposed ground or to cover a withdrawal
ie,
the next turn after the smoke dissappears the squad shouldn't still be
in
it's same location!

My 2c worth,

Owen G