Prev: Re: TANSTAAFL Next: Triples 2000

Re: I need help with starting a campaign.

From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@s...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:47:53 +0100
Subject: Re: I need help with starting a campaign.

Laserlight wrote:

> From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@saers.com>
>
> >My friends and I want to try playing a campaign game of FT.
>
> Good.  I suggest that you keep the number of players around 5-7, as
> having too many seems to lessen the interest for some participants
> (when you affect 20% of the universe, you stay interested--when you
> run 2%, you don't).  I also suggest that you keep it simple,

The original idea was to have around that many players yes, with
hopefully two people controlling each of the factions (ESU/NAC/FSE/NSL)
so that if one person can't attend we can still play even though it goes
a bit slower...My intention was also to keep it rather simple,
especially
since none of us have any ground based figs, nor even have the rulebooks
I think, we'll make really simply ground attack system...

> especially if this is your first campaign.  Maybe 5-8 systems per
> player.  Don't try to run the whole ESU--run just a section of it,
> playing the part of a provinvial governor, for example.

Yes...sounds good, but you thought then 5-8 systems with 1-4 actually
inhabited colonies ? Any idea on what kind of production they got ? What
would make good campaigns do you think ?

> >Colonies ? What exactly is at the outer colonies systems ? How many
> >planets, what kind of facilites etc.
>
> No one has done any development on this kind of thing that I've heard
> of, so feel free to make it up as you go.  That's what we do anyway.
> Just beware of getting bogged down in too many details.

Well I suspected I had to make it all up... :)

Sindre

Prev: Re: TANSTAAFL Next: Triples 2000