Prev: Re: KV designs? Re: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle Next: [OT] AAR format

Re: Followup to Operation Furious Riposte [FB KV speculations]

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 06:26:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Followup to Operation Furious Riposte [FB KV speculations]

>>To Oerjan: I like your thoughts. Increase the costs. That might just
do
>>the trick. I'll try some of your figures. Though I have to ask how on
>>per mass basis you can equate RG to beams... given that a beam 1 or
beam
>>2 has a range of 12 or 24 MU and a class 1 and 2 RG have a 30" range.
>>That means that your small ships are ineffective for a turn or more
while
>>the KV are "in the zone".<<

[snipped charts]

RGs do indeed give better damage in general, but have much more
restricted
arcs. Using the vector system, this can be unbalancing.

I used cinematic for a K'V gae run at GenCon, and the K'V were nicely
balanced - In fact, they took a sound drubbing.

Schoon

Prev: Re: KV designs? Re: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle Next: [OT] AAR format