Prev: Medtech a la Los Next: Re: Medtech 2180 a la Fulton

Galaxy Quest

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:07:41 -0500
Subject: Galaxy Quest

Go see this good fun movie if you like a good laugh. It's got a lot of
humor for grown ups (I went with my housemate). You'll recognize a crew
of another show being mercilessly parodied (no names, Mr. Spock!).
William Shatner takes a bit of a beating indirectly, but its probably
mostly true as most good satire is though exaggerated. And a good look
at this movie ought to give all of us PSB must-seem-real types a good
laugh - the people involved don't have any idea how their own kit
works!	But it does.... (one point for the play-it-don't-worry-about-it
crowd!). And if you are a trekkie, or trekker, be warned, fandom takes a
pretty good lampooning here too, though they help save the day.

Worth seeing. I give it a 7.5 out of 10. And Sigourney Weaver is
virtually remade by the addition of either dyed blonde hair or the
blonde wig.... I wouldn't have recognized her. And their ship looks like
a combination of an airbus and the droid control ship from phantom
menace. But Tim Allen pulls off a good Kirk.... an hommage by any other
name is still a tribute of sorts...

:)  This is all opinion.... no gaurantees or warranty. Just a suggestion
its more than a kids movie. I laughed most of the way through it :)

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Medtech a la Los Next: Re: Medtech 2180 a la Fulton