Prev: RE: FT Campaigns Next: RE: FT Campaigns

Re: FT Campaigns

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:25:30 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Campaigns

From: Robertson, Brendan <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>

>The cost x5 fit in with the economic/time scale available.  The
homeworld
>could build/R&D between 300-500 pts/turn depending on the shipyard
size
>which would take 1-2 turns to research& build a new destroyer class,
but
>12-15 turns for a new superdreadnought class, which at 1 week/turn is
still
>fast, but could be better spent on standard designs unless you expect
>long, drawn out conflict.

So you just picked something convenient, sounds like?  One of the
naval studies books I read recently implied that, in the Real World,
the cost to R&D is about three times the actual build cost of the
ship, and the procurement process usually takes from 5 to 15 years
(with 5 years being exceptionally short--I think one class of Dutch
frigates managed it).

Prev: RE: FT Campaigns Next: RE: FT Campaigns