Prev: Simpler Campaign w/ System Rules Next: Re: St Jon Speaks

Re: FT Ship Generation

From: "Noam R. Izenberg SRP" <izenbnr1@c...>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 15:02:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT Ship Generation

> From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>

> >A five category system
> >- archaic
> >- 3rd line
> >- 2nd line
> >- current 1st line
> >- state of the art (or experimental)
>
> [snipped rest of rules]
>
> While this makes an adequate measure of quality, I belive that, as
> presented, it is far too complex for most to use.

Agreed. I've been thinking about this as well, and there's a way to do
this with zero rules additions or changes. change the size of a MU
Arcahic ships use, say centimeters as MU, 2nd line might use 2 cm for 1
MU. 1st line could use inches, State of the art/experimental could use
3cm.

COnstruction costs, weapon ranges and thrust would be unchanged. Only
the
yardstick changes. (I use cm mutiples only because that't the easiest.
You
could easily make us a small tape measure where the units are 15/16
inches)

An advantage of this system is that its relative.. If all your ships are
of a like tech level, then you use your default MU size.

Noam

Prev: Simpler Campaign w/ System Rules Next: Re: St Jon Speaks