Prev: Re: Time/Distance scale for FT (sort of related top safe speed, et al) Next: Help... in search of the UN ship minis link

[semi-OT] physics news update: extra-solar planet detected directly

From: "The next time you ask me a hypothetical question, the answer is 'no'" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:51:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [semi-OT] physics news update: extra-solar planet detected directly

Somewhat off on a tangential line, got this from my boss, from
a Physics News Update. Apparently a planet has been *seen* around
Tau Bootis (~50 ly away). I haven't seen the actual article or
paper yet, as this is just a 'news update', but it's interesting.

(article on planet at bottom of news update)

Mk
-----
>Subj:	Fwd: PHYSICS NEWS UPDATE -- reflected light from planet!

December