Prev: RE: Martyrs and Atrocities Next: Re:Martyrs and Atrocities

Re: Medtech 2180, III

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:09:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Medtech 2180, III

Laserlight wrote:

> "Yeah, but that doesn't make spec-op troops"
>
> Los, would you say your unit has ever gone begging to find guys who
> wanted to be part of whatever group of high-grade soldiers you belong
> to?  ("Qualify" is a different story). I know we've got a fair number
> of SEALs in my neighborhood, and I know guys who work 6 hours a day
> for months, in addition to their regular jobs, training on the hope
> they'll get a chance to apply for a SEAL slot.

I'm not quite sure if I read your question right but no we never go
begging to find guys it's usually the other way around. (Same with most
units of our nature, there's always a long line to try and get in). And
yes people put in a tremendous amount of personal effort to join
SF/SEALs
including putting their personal lives on hold for x amount of years to
go
through the porcess. Some get half way through, get hurt and have to
start
over etc. Much effort.

> Now let's take a militant government and send recruiters and Special
> Forces troopers and Republican Guards and so forth, visiting every
> grade in every school once a month.  Instead of football and
> basketball, promote ROTC as fervently.  Think you'd  get enough
> volunteers?

ABsolutely. Just tell 'em that cjhicks will dig 'em.

Los  ;-)

Prev: RE: Martyrs and Atrocities Next: Re:Martyrs and Atrocities