Prev: Re: [FT] Near-Future History Next: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US)

Re: [FT] Jump limits

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:48:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Jump limits

>I've written a solar system generator that generates a lot of star
details.
>One of which is mass. From looking at the code I wrote it seems that
mass is
>only affected by luminosity.

Well, the other way around, and not entirely--luminosity depends on
temperature, temperature depends on mass and chemical composition.
For Main Sequence stars, if my memory is right, Luminosity is
proportional to Mass^3.8, approximately and leaving out a couple of
factors.

Prev: Re: [FT] Near-Future History Next: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US)