Prev: Where to buy Piano wire (in US) Next: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US)

Re: Medtch 2180

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:32:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Medtch 2180

Laserlight wrote:

> >the future. I would submit that personal weapons would inevitably
> have to
> >advance to the point that if you hit something, then it simply would
> not exist
> >any further since any weapon that didn't do that would not be
> accomplishing
> >anything to further its cause in the long run.
>
> I disagree here.  You are taking someone out of action.  Even if he
> puts on a close and comes back the next day--which I seriously
> doubt--the enemy is having to pay for the clones, the technicians,
> memory mapping, and storage space for all these.  And imagine what it
> would do to morale if you successfully raid the clone bank.

Well there's a point to some extent. but why allow the enemy to recvlaim
teh most valuable part of the "weapons system," the mind? Sure
tactcially
a misison kill is a m,ission kill but in the long run (depending how
fast
you could put a chassis back into operation after it was disabled), then
you are not doing yourself any good but not destroying the soldier
completely.

Of course then the answer to that I suppose would be to map the guys
,memory and have it "on file" in case you lose the brain all together.
And
the next logical step after that is to just find a few archetypes and
map
their minds to hundreds or thousands of perfect clones.

Los
Chilling....

Prev: Where to buy Piano wire (in US) Next: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US)