Prev: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno! Next: Re: Archives

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:02:39 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

On 15-Dec-99 at 10:57, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:

> Steve Gill wrote:
>
> > The point is to prevent snipers getting free suppression without
cost -
> > i.e. they only get the guaranteed suppression if they decide not to
> > inflict casualties.
>
>     Fair enough, but what about the suggestion I made a few days ago?
What
>     we've
> been doing is ignoring the suppression effect when the range die roll
is at
> least twice the sniper's highest die roll.  In those cases, the shot
is
> just so poorly placed, the target isn't even suppressed.

You know, I don't think a sniper would get a suppression with a laser
unless he hit something.  It's hard to suppress someone who doesn't
realize they've been shot at.

Of course, there's always the lasers designed to make noise.

Roger (no lasers for me, takes to much energy to vaporize water)

Prev: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno! Next: Re: Archives