Prev: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno! Next: RE: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:54:31 -0500
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Steve Gill wrote:

> The point is to prevent snipers getting free suppression without cost
- i.e.
> they only get the guaranteed suppression if they decide not to inflict
> casualties.

    Fair enough, but what about the suggestion I made a few days ago?
What we've
been doing is ignoring the suppression effect when the range die roll is
at least
twice the sniper's highest die roll.  In those cases, the shot is just
so poorly
placed, the target isn't even suppressed.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno! Next: RE: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals