Prev: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: Re: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals

RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:21:51 -0000
Subject: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Michael Sarno wrote:

> > My idea is roughly that you have decide up front whether you are
> firing for
> > effect or suppression.
> >
> > If suppression you don't make the roll, the target unit is
suppressed.

> > If effect you roll as usual to cause damage. There'd have to be
> some sort of
> > quality check to see if the target unit was suppressed or not if
> there was a
> > hit, it would be modified by the quality of the hit.
>
>     OK, how would you handle that?  If you're going to work it that
> way, why not
> just treat sniper shots like every other small arms fire roll, i.e.
> minor success
> is suppression and major success is a hit plus suppression?

It'd probably work just fine like that, no rulebook with me up here
though so
I'm unsure of any modifiers that might help.

The point is to prevent snipers getting free suppression without cost -
i.e.
they only get the guaranteed suppression if they decide not to inflict
casualties.

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Prev: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: Re: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals