Prev: Re: [MKW] MKWS ALERT Next: Re: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention Event Signups

Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno!

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:18:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno!

On 15-Dec-99 at 07:39, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:

> Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:
>
> > =============================
> > On to Mr. Sarno
> > =============================
> > From: Michael Sarno <msarno@ptdprolog.net>
> > Subject: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno!
> >
> > Tom,
> >	    I thought we were on a first name basis. <g>
> >
> > ** Mike, did you check the last turn of our PBEM? We might not be on
> > first name basis after that.... :) <g>
>
>     Another turn like that, and I won't be on a first name basis with
>     anyone! <g>
>
> > ** the difference for a laser between 1120 meters and 1 meter is in
> > terms of microseconds... I don't think that'd matter too much.
>
>     I'm not sure about that.	You'd be able to get a better idea of
the
>     direction from which

I think I agree with the "not matter too much".  This isn't the
continuous
laser we see in books and magazines, this is something whose duration
is shorter than we can see.   It is also a laser which means there isn't
much light going in random directions to pick up.

Heres a "did you know".  Did you know that if you are in a room without
much dust you can't even see a continuous beam laser unless it is
pointed
right into your eye?  Just be careful when dealing with Fibre Giga-bit
ethernet.  (Or the fibre channel disks in the Sun arrays).

>  I'm guessing that the Conventional Sniping Rifle on
> p.27 fires supersonic rounds.  So you'd see/hear the round hit, dive
for
> cover, and then you'd hear the shot being fired.

With veteran troops probably, with green or average troops it would
probably be:

See someone fall.
Look around blankly for reason for 1/4 second.
Hear shot.
Stand doing "Oh sh*t" for 1/4 second.
Dive for cover. :)

Prev: Re: [MKW] MKWS ALERT Next: Re: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention Event Signups