Prev: Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised Next: RE: [ft] simple campaign system

Re: [ft] simple campaign system

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:54:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [ft] simple campaign system

>1. I wanted planets to be able to turn out 1 ship per turn, as
>maintainance still puts an upper limit on building.  The largest
fleet a
>starting player can get is 20000 pts with no production available to
replace
>losses.

I'd say each _ship_ can be built at 10 MASS per month.	Double cost
means you can build at 15 MASS per month; triple cost means you can
build at 20 MASS per month (and it does happen, I get Next Day Air
orders for the Norfolk area shipyards all the time).	You can have
as many ships in the docks as you have capacity for.  Note that space
construction shouldn't be as limited as modern naval construction,
since you don't need to take into account water depth, dry docks,
tides, etc.  Yeah, I know anybody can build a frigate--I'm thinking of
CVA's and SSBN's.

Prev: Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised Next: RE: [ft] simple campaign system