Prev: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno! Next: Re: [ft] simple campaign system

RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:27:29 -0000
Subject: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Suppressing the enemy is one of the most common sniper tasks in a
multi-force
situation. Often snipers are used to hold up the enemy, especially to
tie them
down to permit heavier assets to hit them.

OTOH it seems wrong to permit them to get an automatic suppression even
though
they couldn't get a decent shot in.

May I suggest the automatic suppression is an option that can only be
taken if
there was a chance of getting a shot in, but must be taken instead of
the
shot.

---
Steve Gill