Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:09:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Well, I'm glad we got a little more commentary on this
subject.

As a refresher, we were discussing whether sniper fire
at targets past the fifth range band or in extreme
cover (i.e. beyond a d12 range die) were subject to an
automatic supression when fired at by a sniper.

My question related to a specific set of circumstances
from one scenario in our loose campaign. Given the
assets I had from the scenario, including a sniper, I
tried to win the engagement.

The situation that prompted my original question came
up just once, and I opted not to fire because the
target was beyond my sniper's range. I call that
'trying to play the spirit of the game.' :-)

I was wondering what everyone else did in these
situations because they weren't covered in the book.

Since the sniper was one of my assets, I tried to use
him in a way that fit the scenario. If you've ever
seen me roll dice, you know I'm much more likely to
get a simple suppression with a sniper than even an
indiscriminate kill.

Since our games rarely feature high-powered generals
leading their forces from the front or anything higher
than company level, is it the list consensus that
snipers wouldn't be used at all?

My group doesn't have house rules for "Sharpshooters,"
but if somebody could direct me to some I would be
happy to take a look at them.

Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game [CLEAN STAMP]