Prev: Re: [FH] Great Powers Next: Safe Speeds [FT]

Re: [OT] Style Sheets

From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@s...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:03:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Style Sheets

Laserlight wrote:

> I'd like to get an idea as to how many of us have browsers that can
> "see" Cascading Style Sheets. Please respond OFFLIST
> laserlight@quixnet.net with a "yes", "no", or  "I don't know but this
> is the browser I use."
>
> For those of you who aren't familiar with this, a website designed
> with CSS will often be able to use smaller and/or fewer graphics files
> to get the desired effect, which results in faster download times for
> you.	Internet Explorer 4 and Netscape 4 or better support CSS; IE3
> supports it to some degree.  I am (in my copious free time)
> redesigning my pages to take advantage of CSS (and un-frame it, I
> think); before I get carried away with this, I'd like to see if anyone
> else can read it.
>
> --Chris  DeBoe
> Quixtar IBO#706882
> http://www.quixtar.com

Though I am a great fan and supporter of CSS (I've used it for a large
webproject I'm working on) people should be aware of that it is not
exactly implimented properly yet...
Most of the basic functions work nicely within PC-based version 4.x
browsers, but if you try something remotely fancy you get different
results in IE and Netscape not to mention if you try it on MACs, Unix's
etc.
So the clue is to test rigidly all the way...

But sorry for the OT post.. any replies, please use private mail...

Sindre

Prev: Re: [FH] Great Powers Next: Safe Speeds [FT]