Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (long) Next: RE: GZG West Coast Convention?

NI and OU

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:54:57 -0500
Subject: NI and OU

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>

> On other matters, more GZGpedia related, some work needs doing on
OU-NI
> relations. Possibly the OU has a secret agreement to provide planets
> the NI in case things turn to custard again.

heh. The entire NI mindset and philosophy is based on that never
happening
again. But it never hurts to have more allies covering your back. On the
NI
homepage, I have listed generic "trade agreements" with OU, but it could
(and maybe should) be developed further. Defense pacts? other types of
alliance?

> In any event, given the
> number of Red Sea Pedestrians in Oz, there'd be a strong tendency to
> give such a guarantee. We also have a large number of other peoples
from
> the middle east, but somehow when people get to Oz they tend to lose a
> lot of their mutual hatreds.

Sounds like a decent place to live.

> Maybe it's because we're all to busy down here fighting off the
spiders,
> sharks and snakes. Not forgetting the Drop Bears <g>

Now there's a spinoff FT power: The Terran Union of Uplifted Species
(though
whou would want to uplift spiders and snakes?).

Noam

Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (long) Next: RE: GZG West Coast Convention?