Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: Re: Boarding combat

RE: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams.......

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:23:43 +1100
Subject: RE: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams.......

You're using different modifiers to EFSB, as it's -1 per full 6" (so
range
31 is only -5).

	PT	EFSB beam	-1 EFSB beam (chuck's group)
		cap 1+projector (5 mass)
0-6:	2.91	4.18		3.18
6-12:	2.33	3.18		2.34
12-18:	1.75	2.34		1.68
18-24:	1.16	1.68		1.18
24-30:	0.58	1.18		0.85
30-36:	0	0.85		0.68

The way you use them Chuck, they average higher than the equivalent
PTorp,
but only have 1 arc fire available.  Even using your group's
interpretation,
they still do more damage than pulsetorps & the problem is exaggerated
the
larger the capacitor is, as the projecters can throw out 6d damage.
Maybe if each projector is limited to 2 die worth of power, it will
balance
out the larger capacitors?

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu

	Eg. screen-2 ship at range 31"	(aka -6 for range, -2 for
screens)

	<snip>