Prev: Re: Boarding combat Next: Re: Boarding combat

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608

From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@s...>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 23:52:01 +0100
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608

Roger Books wrote:

> GBailey@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > A smarter SML would have to give up something.
> > How about making they are more fragile so any PDSs fired
> > at them get a +1?
>
> SML's are fairly balanced if you use the ships in the fleet
> book.  When you can attach 3 mass 2 towed drones to every
> major ship (at a whopping 6 points each) suddenly SML's are
> broken, this is just an attempt to correct the problem.
>
> You know, maybe only playing with official designs is the
> way to go...
>
> Roger

I'm just a little bit curious about this banzai jammers/SML thread
(Could someone please enlighten me to what a banzai jammer is ?) ?

I our games, we've never had that much problem with small ships
escorting...though we use Fleet Book only designs, and try (sometimes at
least) to make logical fleets. Of course most larger ships have smaller
escorts but that's the point right ? And isn't it better to spend the
points you spend on surrounding the large ship with small corvettes on
some proper escort cruisers or other ships with overlapping ADAFs ? In
that case at least they can shoot back and take some serious pounding.

Though in my little experience (I've only played FT for a few months)
the real missile problem is the german missile destroyers played by a
good german player. :)

Anyway I've seen missiles do excellent damage due to clever placements,
but of course we have a house rule that says you can't place escort
ships closer to the big one than the miniature allows...

Hope this made some sense, as it's my first post to this list

Sindre Berg

Prev: Re: Boarding combat Next: Re: Boarding combat