Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: RE: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery

Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:47:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

>The minimum change is a change in the tactics of the SM player. No
new rules
>needed at all. Banzai Jammers only really shred the tactic of
unloading all
>salvoes against the big targets as soon as possible.

That turns out not to be the case.  In our NI/IF battle, I couldn't
have swept your missile-sponges in a reasonable time frame because I'd
have had to kill at least two per capital target to have any chance of
hitting the capitals (other than lucking out and dropping one squarely
on target).  In order to do that, I need to drop 1 missile on round 1,
1 on round 2, assume that both are in the right place, and both do
enough to kill the sponge after PDS and fighter attrition.  Even after
that, you'd have still had plenty of sponges left and I would really
not have had as high as 50% chance of hitting a "real" target.	 While
I'm doing that, the rest of my payload is useless--while your payload
is doing damage every turn.  This makes SMRs pointless unless you
happen to leave something unescorted (which I bet you don't, after the
first time), and SML's even more so.  I don't wat SMR's to be The
Perfect Attack, but they're hard enough to use as is, even in vector,
unless you are squaring off against NSL heavies or some other
slowpokes.

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: RE: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery