Prev: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: [Fwd: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK]

RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:14:37 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

>[Bri] I think that fuzzy bands adds an extra roll to the game.

No fuzzy just means no 'hard' breaks in the MASS bands, it DOESNT mean
more die rolls which are the spawn of satan. Either the MASS bands are
set in the rule or the FCS designates them at detonation time (see
later point). For the former there should be some tolerance in the bands
so that you don't get unatural breaks.

For the latter it doesn't matter the FCS sets them and they should hard
breaks (assuming you know the MASS of the target and screening drones)
FWIW why bother why not just designate the target as you could set the
MASS
band to be exactly that of the target ship.

Missiles
>already have a lot of dice rolling associated with them (PDS
>and damage),
>adding another one is unappealing.

Exactly, spawn of satan.

I would prefer to
>incoporate it into the
>damage phase. Either by subtracting 1 from each die rolled for
>damage, or
>ignoring 6's.

Extra modifiers and exceptions are also the spawn of satan.

>I would allow the range to be set on the fly to
>one of the range bands rather than create new symbols.

what is on the fly - missile launch phase or missile detonation
phase - to exclude type markers it would have to be the latter.

>However, I would also require that all salvos launched
>in a turn from a given ship be set to the
>same range band.

Seems plausible, call it a MASS band, range bands are something else.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: [Fwd: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK]