Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:39:59 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

>From the archives - this was discussed in Volume: 25 Issue: 13-15

Another house rule way that might be interesting; SMLs will attack EVERY
ship within the detonation radius.  Roll to see the number of missiles
that actually find targets, and then 'allocate' the missiles to targets
in the area, either randomly, equally, by size, or by however you feel
like doing it.

(Jerry Han)

Why not just give them the same sort of AI as MT missiles ?

i.e. let them hit whichever target the firing player wants them to.

You could even allow a player to split the missiles between ships,
but I'd be against this because it'd slow the game down.

Alun.

[Using Drones to Soak Up SMLs munched]

A house rule we used at FTGZG-ECC (and in other FT3 games using SMLs),
was that you could 'set' your SMLs to attack a certain mass range,
avoiding the drone problem.

I think it's a rather simple and logical rule to put into place,
as previously discussed on the list.
(Jerry Han)

---

My fave fix would be to set the mass range low/med/high and use fuzzy
logic
for the size range bands (this means you dont have hard breaks in the
target
mass bands)

This would occur then I allocate the FCS for the SML and justifies
actually
using the FCS to discriminate the target clutter (PSB). As for
book-keeping just
laser/jet some SML markers with size mnemonics on them (easy).

Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers