Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: [FT] Another painting question

Re: [FT] Striking Colors

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:35:54 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Striking Colors

>    I propose that the Ship Morale rules change the consequence of
>blowing your morale threshold roll from "striking your colors" to
>"breaking contact" a.k.a. "pull a Pavel Young."

I had a slightly different idea that I used in one of my scenarios. It
amounts to a more ordered retreat, rather than a rout.

A ship must make best feasible speed back to its deployment zone
(presumably it continues off that table edge after it "arrives"). Other
than the movement orders, it is still free to fight. Max accelleration
is
not always the best way to come about and run away.

This means that in a non-refereed game, you have to have players that
are
willing to play by the spirit of the rule.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: [FT] Another painting question