Prev: Re: GEV's Next: Re: Impact on GEVs, Thomas B

Re: GEVs/Grav

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:50:54 +0100
Subject: Re: GEVs/Grav

Rob Rob wrote:

> > I think you're overestimating the importance of fusion power, too.
> >  bit like having a miniature nuclear reactor powering your tanks
IMO :-/

> Seriously, I do not think that you can easily overestimate the effect
that
> small, pwerful, portable fusion plants would have on vehicle (and
> weapon) design and tactics, logistics, and just about everything
else.

Thomas seemed to say that the fusion reactor is compulsory for the kind
of GEV units he envisions. *That* is where I think he overestimates its
importance - there are other small, nearly as powerful power plants
that aren't nearly as nasty if they get hit... and sooner or later they
*will* get hit.

Yes, fusion is very nice - at least if you have a heavy water plant or
similar to manufacture the deuterium and tritium you need to fuel the
FGPs. Hydrogen on its own doesn't fuse very well at all :-(

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GEV's Next: Re: Impact on GEVs, Thomas B