Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: Subject: Colonial powers and battles

RE: GEVs/Grav

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:46:48 +1000
Subject: RE: GEVs/Grav

Hey, at the risk of defending Drake, he takes great pains in many of teh
Slammers books to emphasise the problems with the momentum and inertia
of
150 tonnes of steel slewing around teh battlefield.

I think you need to take some of his descriptions in context (you know,
he
plays up the 'hero's skill in the blower) as well as well as give a
little
writer's license.

For Grav you get a good feel from the Renegade Legion books. But they
give
rise to a completely different style of conflict than that to which
Drake is
trying to portray in his Vietnam inspired novels.

They're both good fun reading and give plenty of insipration for
scenarios!

Owen G