Prev: Re: GEV/Grav Next: Re: GEVs

Ortillery platforms

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:25:25 PST
Subject: Ortillery platforms

Hey all,

I have been doing a massive push lately, building up a NSL fleet and
tryign
to round it out by adding a few new ships designs and such.  It so
happes
though that I got to thinking on ortillery equipped vessels and then I
thought some more and ultimately stopped myself cold.

The problem I came upon was that it occured to me that for ortillery to
be
effective, a vessel would have to remain pretty much stationary, poised
over
a specific zone to be able to provide for the troops on the ground or to

target specific positions.

This led me to seriously doubt the inclusion of ortillery on
conventional
ships, and perhaps the inclusion of specific ortillery platforms into my

fleet.	If a ship is going to be a sitting duck while issuing fire to
the
surface, it would likely be a defensive monster and wouldn't really be
worth
placing much other offensive weaponry on.

I'd liek to hear others' takes on ortillery as perhaps I am missing
something.

Thanks,
Eli

Prev: Re: GEV/Grav Next: Re: GEVs