Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...

Re: Arty

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:58:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Arty

Ludo wrote:

> Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
> > I don't know of any 203mm wheeled howitzers... yet.

Oops - should've been "wheeled *SP* howitzers" - I climbed around on an
old US 203mm *tracked* SP howitzer less than two months ago, and most
towed artillery pieces have wheels :-/ Sorry 'bout that.

> > There are plenty
> > of wheeled 155mm types around though; and 155mm is the standard > >
heavy artillery around nowadays.

> The US had them in WW2 and I'm sure the Belgian army reserves had
> them up till some 10 years ago. 155mm is Nato's standard. The
> Russians have larger calibres around (170mm if I'm not mistaken).

To reiterate, now with all the words in place <g>: I don't know of any
wheeled *SP* howitzers larger than 155mm, but there are numerous 155mm
wheeled SP howitzer types.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com