Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: RE: FT Variable Maneuverability

RE: Combat in 2180

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 10:59:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Combat in 2180

At 07:04 AM 12/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Questions, questions, questions...  Just how much HEAVY industry does a
startup
>(10-50 years) colony have?  Will the plans for 100+ year old (2080?)
equipment
>be available?	How do you get the steel in the sizes needed to make
artillery?
> Or is artillery made from Plastic?
>
>Unless the colony sets these things up fairly early, the war could be
over
>before they retool.

Why retool or even covert industry? Just do what every small country and
back ass area of the world does nowadays, buy the stuff. (or take it
from
local armories) Then smuggle it in, or have it delivered UPS/FEDEX.
Where
theres a conflict in any of this competition rich  power blocks we have
in
the late 2100s there someone willing to sell or get the stuff to you one
way or another.

Los

Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: RE: FT Variable Maneuverability