Prev: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: Re: GEV/Grav

Re: GEV/Grav

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:02:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GEV/Grav

On  2-Dec-99 at 00:54, Allan Goodall (agoodall@interlog.com) wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:15:34 -0500, kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca wrote:
>
> >2) Your comment about GEVs mountains might apply... but you should
> >call them hills. Mountains are bad for tracked vehicles (they can't
> >climb those kind of slopes either...). And I still think with enough
> >rearward fan power (imagine a turbine jet for example), a GEV could
> >climb a big hill. Power is cheap, as we both admit.
>
> How do you tilt the front of the GEV so it can start climbing the
slope
> without it spilling air out of it's cushion, or grounding the front,
or
> grounding the back?

Active skirts that follow the terrain.	Mollecular monofilimant that
drags
the ground.

Small, short duration, high output null-G packs.  They take ten minutes
to charge and can lift the hovercraft for about a minute.

Come on, you're accepting anti-gravity but won't accept that we can
figure
out how to make a hovercraft go up a hill?

Roger

Prev: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: Re: GEV/Grav