Prev: Re: Stealth & Names Next: Re: Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield?

RE: [FT] The Infamous A-Beam

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:05:58 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] The Infamous A-Beam

>Yes, I know it's probably on a FAQ somewhere, but I'm curious
>and I couldn't find it on the web.

You should have kept your sign on message all the FAQ information
is contained within.

A Batteries are so cost effective why should I design a ship with
anything else?
This is known anomaly in the design costs and a suggested house rule
to stop design abuse is to increase their MASS to 4.

There is also the list archives to trawl through if you're keen

http://people.canoe.ca/jhan/ft/Archive/home.html

The class 1 - 3+ beams in the FB have different design MASS/costs
but the same mechanics as FT you can get an FB design
spreadsheet/application here

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/

or do it at http://www.primenet.com/%7Ereynol/gaming/war/ao/fbsd/
by browser

The bottom line is the MASS/Cost fix is the best.

--------
The FT FAQ is available at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/faq-index.html

Prev: Re: Stealth & Names Next: Re: Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield?