Prev: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: Stealth & Names

Re: Stealth & Names

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:23:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Stealth & Names

>Another thing that amuses me about the Americans is the names they
give
>operations (admitedly probably for political or PR reasons).

Right.	You have two layers here
1. Names refering to "actual troop locations and movement" which might
go by randomly assigned words, e.g. Operation COBRA BLUE; and
2. Names referring to "what we're trying to accomplish by sending our
people waaaay over there", used by politicals and military, such as
Operation JUST CAUSE.

Prev: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: Stealth & Names