Prev: Re: GEVs/Grav Next: Re: Bad Gen Con News.

Re: [OT] Space Fleet Battles

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:41:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Space Fleet Battles

At 08:14 PM 11/25/99 -0800, Prankster wrote:
>I was recently looking through some old White Dwarfs when I came
accross an
>article that had some Plot and Sub Plot tables for Space Fleet Battles.
>thought they looked interesting and so I decided to try and convert
them to
>FT. However, I soon hit a problem in that the game they were designed
for
>used squares.
>
>What I would realy like to know is can anybody remember how big the
squares
>were?

Well, since I didn't actually *see* anyone tell you how large the
squares
were (though there were a few refs to my web site)....

I don't think the actualy size of the squares would matter, since a
square
is a square is a square in that game, tho only one ship (barring Cobras)
could occupy a square at a time (???).	Anyway.  "Typical" gun ranges
were
up to 6 squares, with some up to 9 squares, so in my conversions I
usually
called 6 squares equivalent to a "B" battery, er, class-2, which makes
one
square 4" on the side.	If you call 6 squares the range of a class-3
gun,
then you get 6" per side.

Hope this helps,
					Aaron
					(still getting caught up after
being away for a week....)

Prev: Re: GEVs/Grav Next: Re: Bad Gen Con News.