Prev: [OT] Indy Paint Scheme Next: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:11:43 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Los wrote:

> After all our CBR talk...

Just because the chinese have a slightly more effective system at
detecting air craft, doesn''t mean its going to make the whole force
vulnerable. It was never invulnerable. Stealth reduces the ability to
detect a target. It doesn't make it invisible. The news heads are too
focused on the black or white concept of stealth. Its not
Visible/invisible. Its shades of grey. I also wonder how effective it
really is on the battle field.

Add to that, how are you going to keep all those radio stations
operating? During Desert storm anythings till  capable of transmitting
after we hit their power grid got whacked by ARMs. If it came back up,
it
got whacked with an even bigger stick. Besides, something with that big
an ability to see based on ambient signals is going to be seen by
intel and nailed by a cruise missle or several 2000lb LGBs.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: [OT] Indy Paint Scheme Next: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles