Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 artillery Next: Re: Confederate Flags

Re: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:20:30 +1000
Subject: Re: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

Tim Jones wrote:

> You should read Redliners by David Drake for some very
> hostile plant life, poison, projectiles, vine attacks
> , spores - its all there and its a decent MSF story too.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671877895/ref=rm_item

Or you could just look up a book about Australia's lesser-known flora
and fauna.

This is best summed up by a quote from Terry Pratchet's "The Last
Continent"

Death held out a hand. I WANT he said, A BOOK ABOUT THE DANGEROUS
CREATURES OF FOURECKS--
Albert looked up and dived for cover,receiving only mild bruising
because he had the foresight to curl into a ball.
After a while Death, his voice slightly muffled, said ALBERT, I WOULD BE
GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD GIVE ME A HAND HERE.
Albert scrambled up and pulled at some of the huge volumes, finally
dislodging enough of them to allow his master to clamber free.
HMMM... Death picked up a book at random and read the cover.
DANGEROUS MAMMALS, REPTILES, AMPHIBIANS, BIRDS, FISH, JELLYFISH,
INSECTS, SPIDERS, CRUSTACEANS, GRASSES, TREES, MOSSES AND LICHENS OF
TERROR INCOGNITA, he read. His gaze moved down the spine. VOLUME 29c, he
added. OH. PART THREE, I SEE.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 artillery Next: Re: Confederate Flags