Prev: Now getting OT.... (was:Re: New Confederate States) Next: Arty

Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:14:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca wrote:

> 1) Oerjan is right in a sense - Grav kills other manouvre tech not a
> weapons system. My point was it kills ground mobile arty. Arty that
> can fly probably uses something more like helicopter armaments
> (Mavericks, Hellfires, Rockets, etc) rather than something like a

Why not shut down the grav/GEV drive when doing fire missions?
Conventional SP guns lock their suspension and deploy recoil spades.
Grav
vehicles would do the same thing. Slammer's tanks shut down and drop to
the ground when they do company level fire support missions.

> 3) Can we build a hovercraft that ways 80 tons, carries the kind of
> armour a Leopard II or Challenger or late model Abrams does, mounts a
> 120-140mm CPR gun or another big main weapon? I have my doubts. If you

This is already covered by the HMT/Fuision power plant rules...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Now getting OT.... (was:Re: New Confederate States) Next: Arty