Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery Next: RE: SG2/DS2 artillery

RE: Crew Served Weapons and IWAR

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:26:34 +1000
Subject: RE: Crew Served Weapons and IWAR

Crew Served Weapons. Personally I think the additional crew are used for
whole range of tasks not just feeding ammo. The Stargrunt "5 minute"
turn
encompasses a lot of activity. So we have teh weapon laying on target,
comms
to update target co-ords, fire control orders, reseating mounts after
vibration, clearing stoppages (ALL infantry weapons have stoppages even
under normal useage). In a three man team you can maintain good
sustained
rates of fire. In a two man team you may have to work at rapid fire
rates to
keep a sustained rate down range. With one man it can get REALLY hard
just
keeping up the sustained rate.

Remembering too, that the roll of the dice in SG isn't a single burst
from
your 20mm but the continuous firing for a few minutes.

Someone has recommended having a look at Close Combat3 teh Russiona
Front...anyone played it?

Owen G

SNIPPET