Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery Next: Re: [ft] How many players?

Re: DS2/SG2 artillery

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:34:16 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery

At 11:11 AM 11/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Los wrote:
>

>> I still don't get the assumption that something fired form 200 miles
>> (ortillery) up will be more accurate (or cost effective) than
something
>> fired from 10 miles away (SP arty) from the ground. I can't make that
leap
>> of faith very easily since ground based fire technology wion't be
moving
>> forward just as well as space-based fire control.
>
>It may not be as acurrate, but it will have a much longer flight time.
>You wanna wait 40 minutes for a  firemission to land fromthe time you
>request it?

I don't understand what you are saying that ortillery  will take longer
than ground based? (Could be depending on how many assetts they are
covering). Maybe my intial statement wasn't very clear: I believe
groundbased fire support will be more accurate and relaible than
ortillery
though maybe not as powerful or convenient in the early stages of an
invasion. Everyone around here seems to wave a hand non-chalantly, oh
well
resistance will be futile when you won orbit. That's a load of major
bullshit. Unless you are in one of the few circumstances where you just
don't give a fuck about anything on the planet and you have no political
restraints on anything and you have perfect intelligence and and and....
hey we can obtain air supremacy over most any nation in the world right
now
including really small insignificant ones that can't fight back but it
doesn't seem to  scare them to often.

Los

Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery Next: Re: [ft] How many players?