Prev: RE: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list) Next: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery

RE: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:21:10 -0500
Subject: RE: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

---------End Message--------------

You could use the Bio-Chemical Rules in DS2 (I don't have the rule book
at
hand), but set the range as 1 or 2 inches from the plants.

Other things plants could do is to entangle troops or vehicles. Moss,
small
vines, etc. work well for this. Infantry passing through it roll a d4.
On a
1, they are entangled and receive a suppression marker (cannot act until
untangled). Vehicles going through the patch roll a d4. On a 1 they
receive
a immobile marker. This mechanic also works for swamps.

Other plants could produce spore clouds when approached. If a plant is
approached within X inches, the cloud produces a spore cloud. This cloud
has
no detrimental effect on the units, but treat the spore cloud as smoke
with
an X+1 inch radius. Fire into an area with the plant could also produce
the
spore cloud (i.e. the plant is hit and releases the cloud). Give each
plant
3 smoke markers.

Some other fun effects could be made. If a plant changes color when
approached, it could help with spotting for artillery, finding snipers
(if
you use home rules for snipers), fining dug-in units, etc.

Also, if using "mobile plants" or small animals, it is extremely funny
secretly mark a herd of small animals (rabbits, mice, bats, etc.) in
hiding
on the board. When the first fire takes place, place the heard on the
board
and have them move directly away from the first shot (at 15"/turn). Any
unit
they run into is suppressed for the turn (out of shock). I have used
some
toy ants (1 gross for $1us) that I picked up. It was very funny.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/
-----

Prev: RE: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list) Next: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery