Prev: Re: Quiet? Next: Re: OT: Independence War

Re: OT: Independence War

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 09:45:28 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Independence War

"Mark A. Siefert" wrote:
> in Independence War 2.  One function I would like to see is the
ability
> to edit your ship skins.  I would love to come up with my own Indy
paint
> job.

	You can edit the ship skins.
	It's just a pain in the butt to do.

	First you need the script editing package from
	the offical web site.

	When you play normally, all the game data is compressed
	("slabbed").  You have to uncompress all the data
	with the script tools, and set the game to run
	unslabbed.

	Then you locate the skins you want to edit.
	You have to use a paint program to make new skins,
	and use another utility from the offical site to
	convert from .bmp files into the texture file
	format.
	Then you have to replace the exiting texture file
	with your new file.

	There are fuller instructions on some of the fan
	web sites.

Prev: Re: Quiet? Next: Re: OT: Independence War