Prev: [OT] Space Fleet Battles Next: Re: Still Neu Bremen

Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:20:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:50:08 -0600, "Dean Gundberg"
<dean.gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:

>How is this?  Indianapolis is closer to Ottawa than Milwaukee.  Using
>Mapquest.com it even showed an hour less of estimated travel time (14
hours
>compared to 15).

Hi, Dean.

I used Automap Streets Plus to do some different routes from Toronto to
Indianapolis, versus the routes to Milwaukee. The difference is more
than an
hour. It's closer to 3. Milwaukee is 1100 km from Toronto (approximately
660
miles) via the toll road around Chicago. Should be "doable" in 11 hours,
but
it always takes us closer to 12 due to construction around Chicago.

According to the mapping program, Indy is something like 518 miles. Even
rounding off to 520 or 530, we get closer to 9 hours driving time. And
one of
the routes is all Interstate with Indianapolis being the one major city
we
come across.

So, from a Toronto perspective, GenCon is considerably closer (25%
closer) in
Indianapolis.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: [OT] Space Fleet Battles Next: Re: Still Neu Bremen