Prev: DS2:Basing VTOLS Next: Re: Testing, Hallo again and an inexpensive dropship for DS2

Testing, Hallo again and an inexpensive dropship for DS2

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:02:28 -0000
Subject: Testing, Hallo again and an inexpensive dropship for DS2

Hallo, folks- this is partly a test message to see if I've got this set
up
right, and partly to say hallo again as I've returned to the list.  Have
missed anything important since August?

I've been cobbling together a couple of dropships for DS2, from 1/144
MiG 25
kits.  These have the advantage of being cheap (c. UKP1.50 each), and
already have the basis of a high-mach shape.  The main part of the
fuselage
(with integral mainplanes) is assembled as normal, but the inner walls
of
the intakes removed (the separate forward part of the fuselage can be
turned
into a FT spaceship in its own right).	The main fins are relocated to
the
wings, located next to the prominent fences.  A door/ramp fills the
opening
of the Foxbat's intake(s), and thick plastic card is used to fill gaps
left
by the conversion and to add a pilot station and dorsal intakes for the
dropship.  The kit also contains 4 AA-6 "Acrid" missiles, which can
become
e.g. part of a planetary defence system for a DS2 game or perhaps FT
destroyers for a 'Fifties SF style fleet.

Rob Paul

Prev: DS2:Basing VTOLS Next: Re: Testing, Hallo again and an inexpensive dropship for DS2