Prev: Re: Euerka's Hunter figs Next: Re: Ender's Game [ot]

GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea)

From: "Those who only want answers will never learn how to find answers." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:03:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea)

It was time to change the subject  :)

[...]
>> This really didn't surprise me much since it
>> was a *historical* con and I'm there with a futuristic game (I didn't
have
>> Dirtside or StarGrunt at the time, much less being very versed in
either).

>    I get the same response when I run my Vietnam games, so it probably
wasn't
>because you were running FT.  <g>  The big HMGS cons have a check box
for
>"Futuristic" and "Other" on their game host registration forms, so they
must, at
>least, be willing to have such games run at their conventions.

In the defense of the historical con I attended, it was a small con,
nothing
like the big one that was up in Lancaster (Pa) earlier this summer. It
was
maybe 2-3x the size of our GZG-ECC last year, with about 10-12 tables
available
for gaming (~70% in use) with about 1/3 of the people there vendors.

Mk
---
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing.	It kills a small
piece of us each day.  It holds us to what we know and keeps us from
doing
what's possible, and it is our worst enemy.  Fear doesn't announce
itself;
it's disguised and it's subtle.  It's choosing the safe course; most of
us
feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks.	The brave man is
not
the one without fear but the one who does what he must despite being
afraid.
To succeed you must be willing to risk total failure."
		-Raymond Feist

Prev: Re: Euerka's Hunter figs Next: Re: Ender's Game [ot]