Prev: RE: Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: Another T-shirt Idea

Re: Another T-shirt Idea

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:21:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Another T-shirt Idea

"Those who only want answers will never learn how to find answers."
wrote:

> Well, now while I haven't been to too many historical minis cons, the
one
> I did attend a few years ago I ran an FT game at (they asked me to
come to
> the con, run some games; due to my schedule could only run one game).
So it
> was in the book.

    That's great, but we need more of it.

> One person showed for my game. Others wandered by, looked, sneered a
little,
> then went on to a Napoleonics or Civil War game (two heavily
represented
> games at that con that year).

    Napoleonics and Civil War are always heavily represented at
historical cons.

> This really didn't surprise me much since it
> was a *historical* con and I'm there with a futuristic game (I didn't
have
> Dirtside or StarGrunt at the time, much less being very versed in
either).

    I get the same response when I run my Vietnam games, so it probably
wasn't
because you were running FT.  <g>  The big HMGS cons have a check box
for
"Futuristic" and "Other" on their game host registration forms, so they
must, at
least, be willing to have such games run at their conventions.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: RE: Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: Another T-shirt Idea