Prev: Re: T shirt ideas - Next: Re: T shirt ideas -

Re: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

From: "Clayton Frank Helvey" <fhelvey@p...>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:18:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

On Nov 20,  9:55pm, RWHofrich@aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report
> A report from the front lines for any that may be interested...
>
> I ran a modified version of my Nova Moravia/Battle of Jaros Brod using
> Dirtside II earlier today--it was about 12 platoons of Eurasian Solar
> Union  (and Dutch mercenaries) against 10 platoons of Romanov Hegemony
> troops  (including patrol boats). This was my first Dirtside II
> scenario and every  player was new to the system. This coupled with
> the fact that the scenario  was kind of large conspired to make the
> game last about 7 hours.
>
> Here's how it went--

As one of the defending Romanovs, I can say that it was difficult to be
facing so many other units.  Wayne and I seemed to be outnumbered pretty

heavily, and I got the impression Marshall Hoferkamp was saving our
bacon with some good die rolling on several occasions.	I expect Robert
followed conventional wisdom and gave the attacking forces at least a
2:1 advantage in unit costs.  We inflicted pretty heavy losses on the
deploying ESU contingents.

I thought the artillery rules were somewhat strange; we didn't play
artillery barrages correctly at first and elected to continue with the
method we were using.  I'm not sure if it's permissable to lay down an
artillery barrage inline - the rules seemed to be that a barrage
placement had to be either parallel to your starting board edge or
clumped into a larger diameter circle of effect.  Marching an artillery
barrage up the map (say, to lay smoke, or hit someone in column) didn't
seem to be an option.

Question to Rob:  can infantry be organized as a separate unit but still

carried about in a personnel carrier?  Wayne's bridge defense was very
strange, and partly due to the way we did that; but those infantry
basically did nothing for 3 to 4 turns while their attached vehicles got

hammered.

It was different and I'd be willing to play it again.  Next time I'll
have more time to do so, and get there earlier too.

-- Frank

--------
C. Frank Helvey 		     email: fhelvey@wilmington.net
President			     phone: 910-350-0650
Montvale Software Services, P.C.     loc:   Wilmington, NC USA
Blue Ridge, VA 24064

Prev: Re: T shirt ideas - Next: Re: T shirt ideas -