Prev: RE: [SG/DS] Fighter manoeuvres Next: RE: Homeworld Computer Game

Re: T shirt ideas - some are surely better than others....

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:47:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: T shirt ideas - some are surely better than others....

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca wrote:

> I have lots of ideas for slogans/logos... some undoubtedly suck... and
> in either case I have no artistic ability. But they might be worth a
> chuckle.

> "It's all fun and games until someone gives Indy the dice. Then the
> crying begins..."
> (the image with this would be five six-siders all showing 1s).

Poor Indy... can't get any respect. Of course, rolling like that, he
can't
hit either.

Maybe shorten this one to: "It's all fun and games until someone gives
Indy the dice..."

> "There's only one place to game: Ground Zero!"
> (of course, the mushroom cloud logo is mandatory here)

Very cool...

> "2000 was for wimps. 2183, now that was a tough year..."
> (something like a NAC or NSL ship being scragged by a KV)

> "Teske Field? I don't recall seeing that one in the Fleet Book..."
> (I haven't a clue what you'd do with this one)

> "KraVak: Pest Control For Homo Sapiens"
> (Human in armour - maybe an NSL trooper in silhouette with an alien
> looking targetting grid over him...)

> "We are dreamers, shapers, die-rollers, and story-makers. We study the
> mysteries of table and chart, die and map, hypothetical campaigns and
> innovations in tactics. These are the tools we employ and we play many
> games."
> (Thanks be to Elric!)

Hey, I like this one for miniature & wargaming in general. May I run off
with it and stick it up on my website somewhere?

> "Damn the Pulse Torpedos! Full Speed Ahead!"
> (ESU ship closing on a heavy NAC ship during 3SW)

> "Ground Zero: Where real gamers go to escape munckins."
> (Of course the symbol here is something that looks like a space womble
> (aka GW old style Marine) inside a red circle with a red slash across
> it)

:> I love it...

> "Ground Zero in Lancaster for Y2K: I came. I saw. I blew my threshold
> check."
> (Picture of a ship exploding seems appropriate)

"Veni, vidi, kablooie"???

> "GZG FMA: The Only Way To Play in Y2K."

> "Ortillery: How the Navy talks to the Army in the GZGverse!"
> (Logo depicts a starship shelling a planet)

> "There is only one rule of the GZGverse: Everbody fights. Nobody
> quits."
> (a scene involving bugs and PA might be appropos here)

> "In the GZGverse, the shortest path between any two points is a
> class-3 beam!"
> (picture of a NAC cruiser firing at something - maybe a KV ship)

> "Play the GAME, not the rules!" - Saint Jon of Needham
> (the image should incorporate all 3 logos - FT, SG, DS)

Like this one, too. Maybe that and the 'escape from munchkins' one, on
the
front and back of a shirt?

> "Ground Zero: Its not just a place, its a state of mind."

Da, a lead-poisoned, demented state. Real life? Where's the rulebook for
that one? :>

> Has anyone thought of an anorak with the GZG logo? <heh>

Ouch... said anorak would, of course, have to be in some awful shade
brown
- w/ GZG logos etc in neon something. Minimum taste in the maximum
space!

Brian
http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html